Pizza is one of the few foods that nearly everyone can agree on, and this canned chicken crust pizza recipe is no exception! So satisfy your pizza craving and stay on track with your health and weight loss goals with this simple, three-ingredient pizza recipe!
Made with kitchen staples like canned chicken, grated parmesan, and eggs, this recipe can be assembled quickly and will be a new weekly family favorite.
Is pizza healthy for weight loss?
As a Registered Dietitian, I’m often asked how comfort foods like pizza, pasta, and burgers impact weight loss. The fact is, finding a sustainable nutrition plan involves continuing to eat foods you love.
Sometimes, healthy versions of your favorite recipes like this zero-carb canned chicken crust pizza will satisfy your cravings, and other times, you might need to opt for the real thing. It’s about finding a balance which takes time and practice.
If you have a love-hate relationship with food, this might be scary. One strategy I teach in my programs for women after bariatric surgery is the 80/20 rule. The 80/20 rule involves choosing 80% of foods from my dietitian-approved grocery list, and for the remaining 20%, no food or drink is off-limits.
This simple technique takes practice, and in time, it becomes more comfortable to enjoy your favorite foods – like pizza! – without guilt.
Another way to balance traditional comfort foods, like pizza, is to focus on healthy foods to add, rather than emphasize foods you “can’t” or “shouldn’t” have. For example, bulk up your favorite foods with vegetables and/or pair them with healthy side dishes.
Healthy pizza sides
While this canned chicken pizza crust recipe stands well enough on its own, you can also pair it with a healthy side dish for max satisfaction.
A green or caesar salad makes for a classic healthy pizza side. You can also serve pizza with a ready-made salad kit. I love bulking up and modifying pre-made salad kits with extra vegetables and colorful toppings.
One of my favorite pizza-friendly sides is my low-carb Greek salad. This lettuce-less salad is easy to prep ahead of time, and you can customize it with your favorite vegetables!
Lastly, roasted or grilled vegetables are a great way to add color and variety to your plate. Pair this canned chicken crust pizza with my roasted pizza veggies recipe and double-dip on pizza flavor!
How to make buffalo chicken crust pizza
One of my favorite variations of this recipe is making buffalo chicken crust pizza. Imagine buffalo chicken dip, but in pizza form!
To make spicy buffalo ranch chicken crust pizza, simply add one tablespoon of ranch seasoning (I used Trader Joe’s Ranch Seasoning Blend) to the canned chicken crust pizza recipe below. Cooking times and temperatures do not change.
Next, instead of using pizza sauce, substitute your favorite hot sauce like Frank’s RedHot Original or RedHot Buffalo sauce. Then, choose your favorite toppings!
Toppings for buffalo chicken crust pizza
One trick with this recipe is not to weigh down the pizza. Too many toppings results in a less-than-pizza-like experience. No one wants a floppy pizza.
Choose 2 to 3 toppings, and if you’re making buffalo chicken crust pizza, here are some of my favorite suggestions:
- Green onions
- Bleu cheese crumbles
- Bacon bits
- Banana peppers
- Bits of cream cheese
- Thin-sliced red onion
- Diced cooked chicken
- Drizzle of ranch dressing
Remember to tag me if you try this zero-carb canned chicken crust pizza recipe! I’d love to applaud your tasty creations!
Canned Chicken Crust Pizza
- 1 10-oz can canned chicken breast drained
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp ranch seasoning optional; for buffalo chicken crust pizza
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain canned chicken and spread onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from ovenand add to a mixing bowl with parmesan cheese and egg (also ranch seasoning if making buffalo chicken crust pizza); mix well.
- Line baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or a new piece of parchment paper. Press chicken mixture into an even, circular layer.
- Cover chicken mixture with plastic wrap and, using a rolling pin or hands, press mixture into an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and layer with desired toppings.
- Once toppings are arranged, bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Founder of LIFe – Lose It Forever
This post may contain affiliate links. When you make a purchase through any of the links, there is no additional cost to you, and I may make a small (and very appreciated) commission. Thank you for your support!