Last Updated on December 1, 2022 by KaylaJump to Recipe
Zucchini makes an excellent vehicle for any filling. Easily add your favorite pizza toppings to this hearty stuffed zucchini recipe. Suggestions include:
- green pepper
- black olives
Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 14-oz jar pizza sauce
- 1 12-oz jar roasted red peppers drained and chopped
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella (or 6 slices of cheese)
- In a large saute pan, brown ground turkey over medium heat.
- While turkey is cooking, cut zucchini lengthwise, hollow with a spoon, and pierce flesh with a fork; place cut-side up into a 9-in x 11-in baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooked turkey, pizza sauce, chopped roasted peppers, tomato paste, and garlic powder. Mix well and spoon mixture into hollowed zucchini.
- Top with shredded or sliced cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.