Last Updated on December 7, 2022 by Kayla
Make this simple beef stroganoff recipe in less than 30 minutes! Plus, if you’re watching calories or carbs, this post offers suggestions for what to serve with beef stroganoff.
This version is lightened up with Greek yogurt but still packs a punch on flavor. Use any pre-cooked beef of your choice. I love this sliced grass-fed beef sirloin from Costco for this beef stroganoff recipe.
You can also use ground beef or leftover grilled steak. Either way, this recipe makes for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. It’s hearty, high-protein, and you can easily adapt your beef stroganoff sides to suit your nutrition goals.
For instance, my noodle-fiend husband prefers a classic base of noodles, while I opt to serve my beef stroganoff over a lower-carb option like those listed below.
What to serve with beef stroganoff
If you’re wondering what to serve beef stroganoff with, egg noodles are the classic choice. For other side options for beef stroganoff, you can substitute:
For low-carb sides for beef stroganoff, try the following:
Beef Stroganoff with Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 5.3 oz container Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp soy or worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb beef of choice cooked
- salt & pepper
- In a sauce saute pan, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add onions; season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until tender-crisp.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 5-10 minutes, until mushrooms release liquid.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cream of mushroom soup, Greek yogurt, soy sauce, and black pepper; mix to combine.
- Add pre-cooked beef to the mushroom mixture. Heat through and serve immediately.
Enjoy! And if you’re looking for more low-carb recipes, you can find them HERE.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through any of the links, there is no additional cost to you, and I may earn a small (and very appreciated) commission. Thank you for your support!