Last Updated on February 22, 2023 by Kayla
Slow Cooker Shredded BBQ Chicken
This healthy shredded BBQ chicken recipe is made in the slow cooker, so it's a fantastic option for a busy weekend with guests.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~1 1/2 lbs)
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, brown sugar, vinegar, spices, and BBQ sauce.
- Pierce chicken breasts with a fork and place into a large container to marinate overnight (optional) OR place directly into slow cooker. Pour BBQ sauce mixture over chicken and cook on low for 5-6 hours, until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cool for 15 minutes. Using two forks, shred chicken breasts and return to juices.
140 calories, 4g fat, 6g carbohydrates, 20g protein
Founder of LIFe – Lose It Forever
This post may contain affiliate links. When you make a purchase through any of the links, there is no additional cost to you, and I may earn a small (and very appreciated) commission. Thank you for your support!