Last Updated on October 31, 2020 by Kayla
Slow Cooker Shredded BBQ Chicken
This healthy shredded BBQ chicken recipe is made in the slow cooker, so it's a fantastic option for a busy weekend with guests.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~1 1/2 lbs)
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, brown sugar, vinegar, spices, and BBQ sauce.
- Pierce chicken breasts with a fork and place into a large container to marinate overnight (optional) OR place directly into slow cooker. Pour BBQ sauce mixture over chicken and cook on low for 5-6 hours, until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cool for 15 minutes. Using two forks, shred chicken breasts and return to juices.
140 calories, 4g fat, 6g carbohydrates, 20g protein